Municipal of Hardenberg
9.000 m2 City hall en 10.000 m2 parking spaces
Branimir Medić & Pero Puljiz
H. Hammink, W. Vreugdenhil, H. Vermeer, L. de Jong, D. Postma
Buro Mien Ruys, Amsterdam
date of commission:
date of construction:
- Geothermal ground deposit and roof mounted Photo-Voltaic cells generate renewable energy.
- Transparent triple glazed and compact shape reduces energy use.
- Grid of facade panels and internal sun shading brings daylight deep into the building and keeps solar heat out.
- Concrete core activation, cooling ceilings, and adaptive lighting allow for efficient energy usage.
- Large voids allow for social contact and generate heat regain.
- All materials are recyclable an renewable.
- The compact shaped building allows for a public park that enlivens the city centre and by rainwater harvesting makes a gray water circuit.
- Internal gardens, operable windows and ventilation through voids ( there are no return ducts) enhance air quality.
- GPR score 8.8, GPR energy 9.8.
Webcam gemeente Hardenberg